The easiest way to obtain this information is to call their local water company. Or, if their water service is provided by a municipal utility, citizens can contact the customer service center (usually listed on their utility bill) and get information on who their water purveyor is and how to contact them. They can also visit the water supplier’s Web site and look for either the water quality report or the Consumer Confidence Report. If a district has detected perchlorate it must be listed.

Many of these reports are also available on the EPA website ยป